YOP 20/21 – week 6

Just a quick update today as my internet has been down since yesterday afternoon! This is an update on my Year of Projects goals. If you like planning and blogging about planning, search for the Ravelry group and come join us!

Most of my knitting this week has been on my new test knit, which is not officially on my YoP list. So more to come on that soon! The Ranch Coat is getting a tiny bit of love, but it’s mostly been tshirt knitting. I’m already 30% done, and hope to finish within the month of August so I can have all of September for the Ranch Coat! But I have till September 30th for the test knit, so I might start to go back and forth a bit.

In YOP land, I actually made some progress on some potential sewing goals! I wanted to try and sew some masks and a project bag to get back into it, but my friends at knitting club were talking about making garments, and I went to Jo-Ann and now I have some cotton for masks and a bag but also some linen and a pattern! I’m hoping to make the C pattern on this apparently “easy to sew” pattern!

Hope everyone has had a great weekend so far! Aside from the lack of internet (annoying but not really a problem as I’m on a knitting and reading kick anyway) it’s been pretty nice! Yesterday I just relaxed and did a lot of knitting, today holds the same. On Friday night I went to a friend’s house to enjoy their fire pit, it was a lovely evening just chatting.

23 Comments Add yours

1. Juliann says:

I have a new pants pattern to try. Fortunately I have plenty of fabric stash so I don’t even need to go to the store

1. Nice! I like the idea of pants, and I can definitely see myself wearing the pants in this pattern but that seemed like a big leap!!

2. Lucy Bowen says:

An evening around the firepit sounds great. It sounds as though your Projects are coming along nicely

3. Lucy Bowen says:

I must have pressed the publish button! I meant to finish with saying you had an exciting haul from jo Ann’s!

1. Yes it was a great evening and a nice little haul from Jo Anns! Hopefully my fabric stash doesn’t get as out of control as my yarn one lol

4. quite excited at the prospect of your sewing a garment, as a newby sewer I will be cheering all the way!

Liked by 1 person

5. Jen says:

Hope your into gets connected soon! I will be watching for your sewing. I’m not much of a sewist and my daughter would like to learn more. We’re hoping it will be safe to take classes in the fall. If not, I’m going to have to figure something out.

1. Oh that sounds like a great mother/daughter activity – hopefully you’re able to figure something out. I keep getting YouTube adds for a sewing tutorial subscription service so I’m considering that!

6. Wow test knitting!! I’m too slow (distracted) to be a test knitter. I’d never get a knit done in time.

1. Yeah I tend to think of myself as a slow knitter too but I like test knitting because sometimes I struggle to figure out what I am going to knit next and this solves that problem lol!

7. Marsha Noce says:

I think the ‘C’ pattern will be fairly easy to sew up. I like the material you have chosen for it. Isn’t amazing how much we depend on our internet? How did we ever survive without it?

1. That’s what I’m hoping! It seems pretty simple!

8. Mary-Anne says:

Internet issues can be so annoying, but glad you have found a way to feel peaceful about it. Your sewing supplies look great. I have 3 sewing machines – mine, my mom’s and my aunt’s but now a days I just use them for mending. (although I did make a couple of masks for hubby and me).

1. Yeah I mean I have knitting and a good book so it wasn’t too bad! It came back this afternoon. Oh wow that’s a lot of machines! I got this one from my dad when they downsized to a smaller space last year.

9. It’s funny how we crafters are drawn to other crafty pursuits. Aldi are selling dress maker forms/mannequin and I was nearly ordering one as sewing is calling me more and more. If we had JoAnns or similar here I think I would have a stash of material already. I shall sew vicariously through you. 😀.

Liked by 1 person

10. Katie says:

I can’t wait to follow your sewing! I’ve been clearing the dust off of my sewing machine and have a skirt in the works. I get so nervous sewing!

I hope your internet comes back soon. What a pain! But it sounds like you’ve had some lovely evenings with friends 🙂

Liked by 1 person

11. That sounds like a really relaxing weekend! Enjoy sewing the top!

Liked by 1 person

12. Great plans and great fabrics! I need to do some sewing and I like the pattern you got! I can’t wait to see it when you’re done! I hope you itnernet stabilizes. Stay safe and stay well!

Liked by 1 person

13. Stefanie says:

Have fun w/the sewing. I need to finish a zipper pouch for a friend.

14. bonnyknits says:

Good luck with the sewing! I really want to sew a garment too!

Liked by 1 person

15. B Squared says:

Cute pattern for pants and a top. And that blue/teal fabric is beautiful.

Liked by 1 person

16. Good luck with the pattern, it looks like it’ll be comfy.

17. That looks like a comfy top and I like the buttons. I hadn’t thought of going to JoAnns for buttons which I need for baby garments. I normally buy them at the yarn shop, which is closed. Thanks for the mental nudge and good luck with the sewing projects

Liked by 1 person